Definition of 'consecrate'
- appoint to a clerical posts; "he was ordained in the Church"
Synonyms: ordain ordinate order
- give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause; "She committed herself to the work of God"; "give one's talents to a good cause"; "consecrate your life to the church"
Synonyms: give dedicate commit devote
- dedicate to a deity by a vow
- render holy by means of religious rites
Synonyms: bless hallow sanctify
Antonyms: desecrate unhallow deconsecrate
- solemnly dedicated to or set apart for a high purpose; "a life consecrated to science"; "the consecrated chapel"; "a chapel dedicated to the dead of World War II"
Synonyms: consecrated dedicated