Definition of 'cooperative'
- a jointly owned commercial enterprise (usually organized by farmers or consumers) that produces and distributes goods and services and is run for the benefit of its owners
- an association formed and operated for the benefit of those using it
- involving the joint activity of two or more; "the attack was met by the combined strength of two divisions"; "concerted action"; "the conjunct influence of fire and strong wind"; "the conjunctive focus of political opposition"; "a cooperative effort"; "a united effort"; "joint military activities"
Synonyms: combined concerted conjunct conjunctive united
- done with or working with others for a common purpose or benefit; "a cooperative effort"
- willing to adjust to differences in order to obtain agreement