Definition of 'copy'
You searched for copies
- a reproduction of a written record (e.g. of a legal or school record)
- a secondary representation of an original; "she made a copy of the designer dress"
- matter to be printed; exclusive of graphical materials
Synonyms: written matter
- material suitable for a journalistic account; "catastrophes make good copy"
- copy down as is; "The students were made to copy the alphabet over and over"
- reproduce someone's behavior or looks; "The mime imitated the passers-by"; "Children often copy their parents or older siblings"
Synonyms: imitate simulate
- reproduce or make an exact copy of; "replicate the cell"; "copy the genetic information"
- make a replica of; "copy that drawing"; "re-create a picture by Rembrandt"