Definition of 'core'
You searched for cores
- the center of an object; "the ball has a titanium core"
- a small group of indispensable persons or things; "five periodicals make up the core of their publishing program"
Synonyms: nucleus core group
- the central part of the Earth
- the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience; "the gist of the prosecutor's argument"; "the heart and soul of the Republican Party"; "the nub of the story"
Synonyms: kernel substance center essence gist heart heart and soul inwardness marrow meat nub pith sum nitty-gritty
- a cylindrical sample of soil or rock obtained with a hollow drill
- an organization founded by James Leonard Farmer in 1942 to work for racial equality
Synonyms: Congress of Racial Equality
- the central meaning or theme of a speech or literary work
Synonyms: effect essence burden gist
- the chamber of a nuclear reactor containing the fissile material where the reaction takes place
- a bar of magnetic material (as soft iron) that passes through a coil and serves to increase the inductance of the coil
- remove the core or center from; "core an apple"