Definition of 'corner'
You searched for corners
- a place off to the side of an area; "he tripled to the rightfield corner"; "he glanced out of the corner of his eye"
- the point where two lines meet or intersect; "the corners of a rectangle"
- an interior angle formed be two meeting walls; "a piano was in one corner of the room"
- the intersection of two streets; "standing on the corner watching all the girls go by"
Synonyms: street corner turning point
- the point where three areas or surfaces meet or intersect; "the corners of a cube"
- a small concavity
Synonyms: recess recession niche
- a temporary monopoly on a kind of commercial trade; "a corner on the silver market"
- a predicament from which a skillful or graceful escape is impossible; "his lying got him into a tight corner"
- a projecting part where two sides or edges meet; "he knocked off the corners"
- a remote area; "in many corners of the world they still practice slavery"
- (architecture) solid exterior angle of a building; especially one formed by a cornerstone
- gain control over; "corner the gold market"
- force a person or an animal into a position from which he cannot escape
- turn a corner; "the car corners"