Definition of 'correct'
You searched for correcter
- make right or correct; "Correct the mistakes"; "rectify the calculation"
Synonyms: rectify right
- make reparations or amends for; "right a wrongs done to the victims of the Holocaust"
Synonyms: right compensate redress
- censure severely; "She chastised him for his insensitive remarks"
Synonyms: chastise castigate objurgate chasten
- adjust for; "engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
Synonyms: compensate counterbalance make up even out even off even up
- punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience; "The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
Synonyms: discipline sort out
- go down in value; "the stock market corrected"; "prices slumped"
Synonyms: decline slump
- alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
Synonyms: adjust set
- treat a defect; "The new contact lenses will correct for his myopia"
- free from error; especially conforming to fact or truth; "the correct answer"; "the correct version"; "the right answer"; "took the right road"; "the right decision"
Antonyms: incorrect wrong incorrect wrong
- socially right or correct; "it isn't right to leave the party without saying goodbye"; "correct behavior"
- in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure; "what's the right word for this?"; "the right way to open oysters"
- correct in opinion or judgment; "time proved him right"