Definition of 'correction'
- the act of offering an improvement to replace a mistake; setting right
- a quantity that is added or subtracted in order to increase the accuracy of a scientific measure
Synonyms: fudge factor
- something substituted for an error
- a rebuke for making a mistake
Synonyms: chastening chastisement
- a drop in stock market activity or stock prices following a period of increases; "market runups are invariably followed by a correction"
- the act of punishing; "the offenders deserved the harsh discipline they received"
- treatment of a specific defect; "the correction of his vision with eye glasses"