Definition of 'correspondence'
- communication by the exchange of letters
- compatibility of observations; "there was no agreement between theory and measurement"; "the results of two tests were in correspondence"
- the relation of corresponding in degree or size or amount
Synonyms: commensurateness proportionateness
- a function such that for every element of one set there is a unique element of another set
Synonyms: mapping map
- (mathematics) an attribute of a shape or relation; exact reflection of form on opposite sides of a dividing line or plane
Synonyms: symmetry symmetricalness balance
Antonyms: asymmetry dissymmetry imbalance
- similarity by virtue of corresponding