Definition of 'corrupt'
You searched for corrupter
- corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals"
Synonyms: pervert subvert demoralize demoralise debauch debase profane vitiate deprave misdirect
- alter from the original
- make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence; "This judge can be bought"
Synonyms: bribe buy grease one's palms
- place under suspicion or cast doubt upon; "sully someone's reputation"
Synonyms: defile sully taint cloud
- lacking in integrity; "humanity they knew to be corrupt...from the day of Adam's creation"; "a corrupt and incompetent city government"
- not straight; dishonest or immoral or evasive
Antonyms: straight square
- containing errors or alterations; "a corrupt text"; "spoke a corrupted version of the language"
- touched by rot or decay; "tainted bacon"; "`corrupt' is archaic"