Definition of 'corruption'
You searched for corruptions
- lack of integrity or honesty (especially susceptibility to bribery); use of a position of trust for dishonest gain
Antonyms: incorruptness incorruption
- in a state of progressive putrefaction
Synonyms: putrescence putridness rottenness
- decay of matter (as by rot or oxidation)
- moral perversion; impairment of virtue and moral principles; "the luxury and corruption among the upper classes"; "moral degeneracy followed intellectual degeneration"; "its brothels, its opium parlors, its depravity"; "Rome had fallen into moral putrefaction"
Synonyms: degeneracy depravation depravity putrefaction
- destroying someone's (or some group's) honesty or loyalty; undermining moral integrity; "corruption of a minor"; "the big city's subversion of rural innocence"
- inducement (as of a public official) by improper means (as bribery) to violate duty (as by commiting a felony); "he was held on charges of corruption and racketeering"