Definition of 'cost'
- the total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor
- the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold); "the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver"; "he puts a high price on his services"; "he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection"
Synonyms: monetary value price
- value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something; "the cost in human life was enormous"; "the price of success is hard work"; "what price glory?"
Synonyms: price toll
- be priced at; "These shoes cost $100"
- require to lose, suffer, or sacrifice; "This mistake cost him his job"