Definition of 'count'
You searched for counted
- the total number counted; "a blood count"
- the act of counting; "the counting continued for several hours"
Synonyms: counting numeration enumeration reckoning tally
- a nobleman (in various countries) having rank equal to a British earl
- determine the number or amount of; "Can you count the books on your shelf?"; "Count your change"
Synonyms: number enumerate numerate
- have weight; have import, carry weight; "It does not matter much"
Synonyms: matter weigh
- show consideration for; take into account; "You must consider her age"; "The judge considered the offender's youth and was lenient"
Synonyms: consider weigh
- name or recite the numbers; "The toddler could count to 100"
- put into a group; "The academy counts several Nobel Prize winners among its members"
- include as if by counting; "I can count my colleagues in the opposition"
- have faith or confidence in; "you can count on me to help you any time"; "Look to your friends for support"; "You can bet on that!"; "Depend on your family in times of crisis"
Synonyms: bet depend look calculate reckon
- take account of; "You have to reckon with our opponents"; "Count on the monsoon"