Definition of 'course'
You searched for coursed
- education imparted in a series of lessons or meetings; "he took a course in basket weaving"; "flirting is not unknown in college classes"
Synonyms: course of study course of instruction class
- a connected series of events or actions or developments; "the government took a firm course"; "historians can only point out those lines for which evidence is available"
- facility consisting of a circumscribed area of land or water laid out for a sport; "the course had only nine holes"; "the course was less than a mile"
- a mode of action; "if you persist in that course you will surely fail"; "once a nation is embarked on a course of action it becomes extremely difficult for any retraction to take place"
Synonyms: course of action
- a line or route along which something travels or moves; "the hurricane demolished houses in its path"; "the track of an animal"; "the course of the river"
Synonyms: path track
- general line of orientation; "the river takes a southern course"; "the northeastern trend of the coast"
- part of a meal served at one time; "she prepared a three course meal"
- (construction) a layer of masonry; "a course of bricks"
- move swiftly through or over; "ships coursing the Atlantic"
- move along, of liquids; "Water flowed into the cave"; "the Missouri feeds into the Mississippi"
Synonyms: run flow feed
- hunt with hounds; "He often courses hares"
- as might be expected; "naturally, the lawyer sent us a huge bill"
Synonyms: naturally of course