Definition of 'crackle'
You searched for crackles
- the sharp sound of snapping noises
Synonyms: crackling crepitation
- glazed china with a network of fine cracks on the surface
Synonyms: crackleware crackle china
- make a crackling sound; "My Rice Krispies crackled in the bowl"
- make crunching noises; "his shoes were crunching on the gravel"
Synonyms: crunch scranch scraunch
- to become, or to cause to become, covered with a network of small cracks; "The blazing sun crackled the desert sand"
- having the surface decorated with a network of fine cracks, as in crackleware; "a crackle glaze"