Definition of 'cradle'
- a baby bed with sides and rockers
- where something originated or was nurtured in its early existence; "the birthplace of civilization"
Synonyms: birthplace place of origin provenance provenience
- birth of a person; "he was taught from the cradle never to cry"
- a trough that can be rocked back and forth; used by gold miners to shake auriferous earth in water in order to separate the gold
- hold gently and carefully; "He cradles the child in his arms"
- bring up from infancy
- hold or place in or as if in a cradle; "He cradled the infant in his arms"
- cut grain with a cradle scythe
- wash in a cradle; "cradle gold"
- run with the stick