Definition of 'credit'
You searched for crediting
- approval; "give her recognition for trying"; "he was given credit for his work"; "give her credit for trying"; "the credits were given at the end of the film"
- money available for a client to borrow
- an accounting entry acknowledging income or capital items
Synonyms: credit entry
Antonyms: debit debit entry
- used in the phrase `to your credit' in order to indicate an achievement deserving praise; "she already had several performances to her credit";
- arrangement for deferred payment for goods and services
Synonyms: deferred payment
Antonyms: cash immediate payment
- recognition by a college or university that a course of studies has been successfully completed; typically measured in semester hours
Synonyms: course credit
- a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage; "the student's essay failed to list several important citations"; "the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book"; "the article includes mention of similar clinical cases"
Synonyms: citation cite acknowledgment reference mention quotation
- an entry on a list of persons who contributed to a film or written work
- give someone credit for something; "We credited her for saving our jobs"
- give credit for; "She was not properly credited in the program"
- accounting: enter as credit; "We credit your account with $100"
- have trust in; trust in the truth or veracity of