Definition of 'creep'
- someone unpleasantly strange or eccentric
Synonyms: weirdo weirdie weirdy spook
- a slow longitudinal movement or deformation
- a pen that is fenced so that young animals can enter but adults cannot
- a slow mode of locomotion on hands and knees or dragging the body; "a crawl was all that the injured man could manage"; "the traffic moved at a creep"
Synonyms: crawl crawling creeping
- move slowly; in the case of people or animals with the body near the ground; "The crocodile was crawling along the riverbed"
- to go stealthily or furtively; "..stead of sneaking around spying on the neighbor's house"
Synonyms: sneak mouse pussyfoot
- grow in such a way as to cover (a building); "ivy grew over the walls of the university buildings"
Synonyms: grow over
- show submission or fear
Synonyms: fawn crawl cringe cower grovel