Definition of 'creole'
You searched for creoles
- a person of European descent born in the West Indies or Latin America
- a person descended from French ancestors in southern United States (especially Louisiana)
- a mother tongue that originates from contact between two languages
- of or relating to a language that arises from contact between two other languages and has features of both; "Creole grammars"
- of or relating to or characteristic of native-born persons of French descent in Louisiana; "Creole cooking"