Definition of 'crest'
- the top line of a hill, mountain, or wave
- the top point of a mountain or hill; "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the summit of Monadnock"
Synonyms: peak crown top tip summit
- the center of a cambered road
- (heraldry) in medieval times, an emblem used to decorate a helmet
- a showy growth of e.g. feathers or skin on the head of a bird or other animal
- lie at the top of; "Snow capped the mountains"
- reach a high point; "The river crested last night"