Definition of 'crimson'
You searched for crimsons
- a deep and vivid red color
Synonyms: ruby deep red
- turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame; "The girl blushed when a young man whistled as she walked by"
Synonyms: blush flush redden
- of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
Synonyms: red reddish ruddy blood-red carmine cerise cherry cherry-red ruby ruby-red scarlet
- characterized by violence or bloodshed; "writes of crimson deeds and barbaric days"- Andrea Parke; "fann'd by Conquest's crimson wing"- Thomas Gray; "convulsed with red rage"- Hudson Strode
Synonyms: red violent
- (especially of the face) reddened or suffused with or as if with blood from emotion or exertion; "crimson with fury"; "turned red from exertion"; "with puffy reddened eyes"; "red-faced and violent"; "flushed (or crimson) with embarrassment"
Synonyms: red reddened red-faced flushed