Definition of 'crisp'
You searched for crisping
- a thin crisp slice of potato fried in deep fat
Synonyms: chip potato chip Saratoga chip
- make wrinkles or creases into a smooth surface; "The dress got wrinkled"
Synonyms: wrinkle ruckle crease crinkle scrunch scrunch up
- make brown and crisp by heating; "toast bread"; "crisp potatoes"
Synonyms: crispen toast
- (of something seen or heard) clearly defined; "a sharp photographic image"; "the sharp crack of a twig"; "the crisp snap of dry leaves underfoot"
- tender and brittle; "crisp potato chips"
- pleasantly cold and invigorating; "crisp clear nights and frosty mornings"; "a nipping wind"; "a nippy fall day"; "snappy weather"; (`parky' is a British term)
Synonyms: frosty nipping nippy snappy parky
- pleasingly firm and fresh and making a crunching noise when chewed; "crisp carrot and celery sticks"; "a firm apple"; "crunchy lettuce"
Synonyms: firm crunchy
- of hair in small tight curls
Synonyms: frizzly frizzy kinky nappy
- brief and to the point; effectively cut short; "a crisp retort"; "a response so curt as to be almost rude"; "the laconic reply; `yes'"; "short and terse and easy to understand"
Synonyms: curt laconic terse