Definition of 'crop'
- the yield from plants in a single growing season
- a cultivated plant that is grown commercially on a large scale
- a collection of people or things appearing together; "the annual crop of students brings a new crop of ideas"
- the output of something in a season; "the latest crop of fashions is about to hit the stores"
- the stock or handle of a whip
- a pouch in many birds and some lower animals that resembles a stomach for storage and preliminary maceration of food
- cut short; "She wanted her hair cropped short"
- prepare for crops; "Work the soil"; "cultivate the land"
Synonyms: cultivate work
- yield crops; "This land crops well"
- let feed in a field or pasture or meadow
Synonyms: graze pasture
- feed as in a meadow or pasture; "the herd was grazing"
Synonyms: browse graze range pasture
- cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of; "dress the plants in the garden"
Synonyms: snip clip trim lop dress prune cut back