Definition of 'crowd'
- a large number of things or people considered together; "a crowd of insects assembled around the flowers"
- an informal body of friends; "he still hangs out with the same crowd"
Synonyms: crew gang bunch
- cause to herd, drive, or crowd together; "We herded the children into a spare classroom"
- fill or occupy to the point of overflowing; "The students crowded the auditorium"
- to gather together in large numbers; "men in straw boaters and waxed mustaches crowded the verandah"
Synonyms: crowd together
- approach a certain age or speed; "She is pushing fifty"