Definition of 'crown'
- the Crown (or the reigning monarch) as the symbol of the power and authority of a monarchy; "the colonies revolted against the Crown"
- the part of a tooth above the gum that is covered with enamel
- a wreath or garland worn on the head to signify victory
- an ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty
- the part of a hat (the vertex) that covers the crown of the head
- an English coin worth 5 shillings
- the upper branches and leaves of a tree
Synonyms: capitulum treetop
- the top point of a mountain or hill; "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the summit of Monadnock"
Synonyms: peak crest top tip summit
- the award given to the champion
- the top of the head
Synonyms: pate poll
- the center of a cambered road
- invest with regal power; enthrone; "The prince was crowned in Westminster Abbey"
- be the culminating event; "The speech crowned the meeting"
- form the topmost part of; "A weather vane crowns the building"
- put an enamel cover on; "crown my teeth"