Definition of 'crude'
You searched for crudes
- a dark oil consisting mainly of hydrocarbons
Synonyms: petroleum crude oil rock oil fossil oil
- not carefully or expertly made; "managed to make a crude splint"; "a crude cabin of logs with bark still on them"; "rough carpentry"
- conspicuously and tastelessly indecent; "coarse language"; "a crude joke"; "crude behavior"; "an earthy sense of humor"; "a revoltingly gross expletive"; "a vulgar gesture"; "full of language so vulgar it should have been edited"
Synonyms: coarse earthy gross vulgar
- not refined or processed; "unrefined ore"; "crude oil"
Synonyms: unrefined unprocessed
Antonyms: refined processed
- belonging to an early stage of technical development; characterized by simplicity and (often) crudeness; "the crude weapons and rude agricultural implements of early man"; "primitive movies of the 1890s"; "primitive living conditions in the Appalachian mountains"
Synonyms: primitive rude
- devoid of any qualifications or disguise or adornment; "the blunt truth"; "the crude facts"; "facing the stark reality of the deadline"
Synonyms: blunt stark
- not processed or subjected to analysis; "raw data"; "the raw cost of production"; "only the crude vital statistics"