Definition of 'crunch'
You searched for crunches
- the sound of something crunching; "he heard the crunch of footsteps on the gravel path"
- a critical situation that arises because of a shortage (as a shortage of time or money or resources); "an end-of-the year crunch"; "a financial crunch"
- the act of crushing
Synonyms: crush compaction
- make crunching noises; "his shoes were crunching on the gravel"
Synonyms: scranch scraunch crackle
- press or grind with a crunching noise
Synonyms: cranch craunch grind
- chew noisily; "The children crunched the celery sticks"
- reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading; "grind the spices in a mortar"; "mash the garlic"
Synonyms: grind mash bray comminute