Definition of 'crush'
You searched for crushes
- leather that has had its grain pattern accentuated
Synonyms: crushed leather
- a dense crowd of people
Synonyms: jam press
- temporary love of an adolescent
Synonyms: puppy love calf love infatuation
- the act of crushing
Synonyms: crunch compaction
- come down on or keep down by unjust use of one's authority; "The government oppresses political activists"
Synonyms: oppress suppress
- to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition; "crush an aluminum can"; "squeeze a lemon"
Synonyms: squash squelch mash squeeze
- come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
Synonyms: beat beat out shell trounce vanquish
- break into small pieces; "The car crushed the toy"
- humiliate or depress completely; "She was crushed by his refusal of her invitation"; "The death of her son smashed her"
Synonyms: smash demolish
- crush or bruise; "jam a toe"
- make ineffective; "Martin Luther King tried to break down racial discrimination"
Synonyms: break down
- become injured, broken, or distorted by pressure; "The plastic bottle crushed against the wall"