Definition of 'cure'
- a medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain
Synonyms: remedy curative therapeutic
- provide a cure for, make healthy again; "The treatment cured the boy's acne"; "The quack pretended to heal patients but never managed to"
Synonyms: bring around heal
- prepare by drying, salting, or chemical processing in order to preserve; "cure meats"; "cure pickles"; "cure hay"
- make (substances) hard and improve their usability; "cure resin"; "cure cement"; "cure soap"
- be or become preserved; "the apricots cure in the sun"