Definition of 'curl'
- a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles (as formed by leaves or flower petals)
Synonyms: coil whorl roll curlicue ringlet gyre scroll
- American chemist who with Richard Smalley and Harold Kroto discovered fullerenes and opened a new branch of chemistry (born in 1933)
Synonyms: Robert Curl Robert F. Curl Robert Floyd Curl Jr.
- a strand or cluster of hair
Synonyms: lock ringlet whorl
- form a curl, curve, or kink; "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
Synonyms: curve kink
- shape one's body into a curl; "She curled farther down under the covers"; "She fell and drew in"
Synonyms: curl up draw in
- wind around something in coils or loops
Synonyms: coil loop
- twist or roll into coils or ringlets; "curl my hair, please"
- play the Scottish game of curling