Definition of 'curse'
- profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger; "expletives were deleted"
Synonyms: curse word expletive oath swearing swearword cuss
- an appeal to some supernatural power to inflict evil on someone or some group
Synonyms: execration condemnation
- an evil spell; "a witch put a curse on his whole family"; "he put the whammy on me"
Synonyms: hex jinx whammy
- something causes misery or death; "the bane of my life"
Synonyms: bane scourge nemesis
- a severe affliction
- utter obscenities or profanities; "The drunken men were cursing loudly in the street"
Synonyms: cuss blaspheme swear imprecate
- heap obscenities upon; "The taxi driver who felt he didn't get a high enough tip cursed the passenger"
- wish harm upon; invoke evil upon; "The bad witch cursed the child"
Synonyms: beshrew anathemize anathemise imprecate maledict
- exclude from a church or a religious community; "The gay priest was excommunicated when he married his partner"
Synonyms: excommunicate unchurch