Definition of 'curve'
- the trace of a point whose direction of motion changes
Synonyms: curved shape
Antonyms: straight line
- a line on a graph representing data
- a pitch of a baseball that is thrown with spin so that its path curves as it approach the batter
Synonyms: curve ball breaking ball bender
- the property possessed by the curving of a line or surface
- curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.)
- turn sharply; change direction abruptly; "The car cut to the left at the intersection"; "The motorbike veered to the right"
Synonyms: swerve sheer trend veer slue slew cut
- extend in curves and turns; "The road winds around the lake"; "the path twisted through the forest"
Synonyms: wind twist
- form an arch or curve; "her back arches"; "her hips curve nicely"
Synonyms: arch arc
- bend or cause to bend; "He crooked his index finger"; "the road curved sharply"
- form a curl, curve, or kink; "the cigar smoke curled up at the ceiling"
Synonyms: curl kink