Definition of 'cut down'
- cut down on; make a reduction in; "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
Synonyms: reduce cut back trim trim down trim back cut bring down
- cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
- cause to come or go down; "The policeman downed the heavily armed suspect"; "The mugger knocked down the old lady after she refused to hand over her wallet"
Synonyms: down knock down push down pull down
- intercept (a player)
Synonyms: cut out
- cut with a blade or mower; "mow the grass"
- cause to fall by or as if by delivering a blow; "strike down a tree"; "Lightning struck down the hikers"
Synonyms: fell drop strike down