Definition of 'cut out'
- delete or remove; "Cut out the extra text"; "cut out the newspaper article"
- form and create by cutting out; "Picasso cut out a guitar from a piece of paper"
- cut off and stop; "The bicyclist was cut out by the van"
Synonyms: cut off
- strike or cancel by or as if by rubbing or crossing out; "scratch out my name on that list"
Synonyms: scratch out
- intercept (a player)
Synonyms: cut down
- cease operating; "The pump suddenly cut out"
- having been cut out; "the cut-out pieces of the dress"