Definition of 'dainty'
- something considered choice to eat
Synonyms: delicacy goody kickshaw treat
- affectedly dainty or refined
Synonyms: mincing niminy-piminy prim twee
- delicately beautiful; "a dainty teacup"; "an exquisite cameo"
- especially pleasing to the taste; "a dainty dish to set before a kind"; "a tasty morsel"
- excessively fastidious and easily disgusted; "too nice about his food to take to camp cooking"; "so squeamish he would only touch the toilet handle with his elbow"
Synonyms: nice overnice prissy squeamish