Definition of 'damp'
You searched for damping
- a slight wetness
Synonyms: dampness moistness
- deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping
Synonyms: muffle mute dull dampen tone down
- restrain or discourage; "the sudden bad news damped the joyous atmosphere"
- make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible; "muffle the message"
Synonyms: dampen deaden
- lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
Synonyms: dampen soften weaken break
- slightly wet; "clothes damp with perspiration"; "a moist breeze"; "eyes moist with tears"
Synonyms: dampish moist