Definition of 'davis'
- English navigator who explored the Arctic while searching for the Northwest Passage (1550-1605)
Synonyms: Davys John Davys John Davis
- United States painter who developed an American version of cubism (1894-1964)
Synonyms: Stuart Davis
- United States jazz musician; noted for his trumpet style (1926-1991)
Synonyms: Miles Davis Miles Dewey Davis Jr.
- American statesman; president of the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War (1808-1889)
Synonyms: Jefferson Davis
- United States tennis player who donated the Davis Cup for international team tennis competition (1879-1945)
Synonyms: Dwight Davis Dwight Filley Davis
- United States film actress (1908-1989)
Synonyms: Bette Davis