Definition of 'deal'
You searched for deals
- a particular instance of buying or selling; "it was a package deal"; "I had no further trade with him"; "he's a master of the business deal"
Synonyms: trade business deal
- an agreement between parties (usually arrived at after discussion) fixing obligations of each; "he made a bargain with the devil"; "he rose to prominence through a series of shady deals"
- (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "it must have cost plenty"
Synonyms: batch flock good deal great deal hatful heap lot mass mess mickle mint muckle peck pile plenty pot quite a little raft sight slew spate stack tidy sum wad whole lot whole slew
- a plank of softwood (fir or pine board)
- wood that is easy to saw (from conifers such as pine or fir)
- the cards held in a card game by a given player at any given time; "I didn't hold a good hand all evening"; "he kept trying to see my hand"
- the type of treatment received (especially as the result of an agreement); "he got a good deal on his car"
- the act of distributing playing cards; "the deal was passed around the table clockwise"
- the act of apportioning or distributing something; "the captain was entrusted with the deal of provisions"
- deal with verbally or in some form of artistic expression; "This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
Synonyms: cover treat handle plow address
- take action with respect to (someone or something); "How are we going to deal with this problem?"; "The teacher knew how to deal with these lazy students"
- take into consideration for exemplifying purposes; "Take the case of China"; "Consider the following case"
Synonyms: consider take look at
- come to terms or deal successfully with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
Synonyms: cope get by make out make do contend grapple manage
- administer or bestow, as in small portions; "administer critical remarks to everyone present"; "dole out some money"; "shell out pocket money for the children"; "deal a blow to someone"
Synonyms: distribute administer mete out parcel out lot dispense shell out deal out dish out allot dole out
- do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood; "She deals in gold"; "The brothers sell shoes"
Synonyms: sell trade
- be in charge of, act on, or dispose of; "I can deal with this crew of workers"; "This blender can't handle nuts"; "She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old"
Synonyms: manage care handle
- behave in a certain way towards others; "He deals fairly with his employees"
- distribute to the players in a game; "Who's dealing?"
- direct the course of; manage or control; "You cannot conduct business like this"
Synonyms: conduct carry on
- give out as one's portion or share
Synonyms: share divvy up portion out apportion
- give (a specific card) to a player; "He dealt me the Queen of Spades"
- sell; "deal hashish"