Definition of 'dear'
You searched for dears
- a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
Synonyms: beloved dearest loved one honey love
- a sweet innocent mild-mannered person (especially a child)
- dearly loved
Synonyms: beloved darling
- with or in a close or intimate relationship; "a good friend"; "my sisters and brothers are near and dear"
Synonyms: good near
- earnest; "one's dearest wish"; "devout wishes for their success"; "heartfelt condolences"
Synonyms: devout earnest heartfelt
- having a high price; "costly jewelry"; "high-priced merchandise"; "much too dear for my pocketbook"; "a pricey restaurant"
Synonyms: costly high-priced pricey pricy
- with affection; "she loved him dearly"; "he treats her affectionately"
Synonyms: dearly affectionately
- at a great cost; "he paid dearly for the food"; "this cost him dear"