Definition of 'death'
You searched for deaths
- the event of dying or departure from life; "her death came as a terrible shock"; "upon your decease the capital will pass to your grandchildren"
Synonyms: decease expiry
Antonyms: birth nativity nascency nascence
- the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism; "the animal died a painful death"
- the time at which life ends; continuing until dead; "she stayed until his death"; "a struggle to the last"
- the personification of death; "Death walked the streets of the plague-bound city"
- the absence of life or state of being dead; "he seemed more content in death than he had ever been in life"
- the time when something ends; "it was the death of all his plans"; "a dying of old hopes"
Synonyms: dying demise
- the act of killing; "he had two deaths on his conscience"
- a final state; "he came to a bad end"; "the so-called glorious experiment came to an inglorious end"
Synonyms: end destruction