Definition of 'debut'
- the act of beginning something new; "they looked forward to the debut of their new product line"
Synonyms: introduction first appearance launching unveiling entry
- the presentation of a debutante in society
- present for the first time to the public; "The band debuts a new song or two each month"
- appear for the first time in public; "The new ballet that debuts next months at Covent Garden, is already sold out"
- make one's debut; "This young soprano debuts next month at the Metropolitan Opera"