Definition of 'declaration'
- a statement that is emphatic and explicit (spoken or written)
- (law) unsworn statement that can be admitted in evidence in a legal transaction; "his declaration of innocence"
- a statement of taxable goods or of dutiable properties
- (contract bridge) the highest bid becomes the contract setting the number of tricks that the bidder must make
- a formal public statement; "the government made an announcement about changes in the drug war"; "a declaration of independence"
Synonyms: announcement proclamation annunciation
- a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
Synonyms: resolution resolve