Definition of 'declare'
You searched for declares
- state emphatically and authoritatively; "He declared that he needed more money to carry out the task he was charged with"
- announce publicly or officially; "The President declared war"
- state firmly; "He declared that he was innocent"
- declare to be; "She was declared incompetent"; "judge held that the defendant was innocent"
Synonyms: adjudge hold
- authorize payments of; "declare dividends"
- designate (a trump suit or no-trump) with the final bid of a hand
- make a declaration (of dutiable goods) to a customs official; "Do you have anything to declare?"
- proclaim one's support, sympathy, or opinion for or against; "His wife declared at once for moving to the West Coast"