Definition of 'defend'
You searched for defends
- argue or speak in defense of; "She supported the motion to strike"
Synonyms: support fend for
- be on the defensive; act against an attack
Antonyms: attack assail
- protect against a challenge or attack; "Hold that position behind the trees!"; "Hold the bridge against the enemy's attacks"
Synonyms: guard hold
- fight against or resist strongly; "The senator said he would oppose the bill"; "Don't fight it!"
Synonyms: fight oppose fight back fight down
- protect or fight for as a champion
- be the defense counsel for someone in a trial; "Ms. Smith will represent the defendant"
- state or assert; "He maintained his innocence"