Definition of 'deflect'
You searched for deflecting
- prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening; "Let's avoid a confrontation"; "head off a confrontation"; "avert a strike"
Synonyms: debar obviate avert head off stave off fend off avoid ward off
- turn from a straight course , fixed direction, or line of interest
Synonyms: bend turn away
- turn aside and away from an initial or intended course
- draw someone's attention away from something; "The thief distracted the bystanders"; "He deflected his competitors"
- impede the movement of (an opponent or a ball); "block an attack"
Synonyms: parry block