Definition of 'delaware'
- a river that rises in the Catskills in southeastern New York and flows southward along the border of Pennsylvania with New York and New Jersey to northern Delaware where it empties into Delaware Bay
Synonyms: Delaware River
- a member of an Algonquian people formerly living in New Jersey and New York and parts of Delaware and Pennsylvania
- one of the British colonies that formed the United States
- a Mid-Atlantic state; one of the original 13 colonies
Synonyms: Diamond State First State DE
- the Algonquian language spoken by the Delaware