Definition of 'deliver'
- deliver (a speech, oration, or idea); "The commencement speaker presented a forceful speech that impressed the students"
- bring to a destination, make a delivery; "our local super market delivers"
- to surrender someone or something to another; "the guard delivered the criminal to the police"; "render up the prisoners"; "render the town to the enemy"; "fork over the money"
Synonyms: hand over fork over fork out fork up turn in get in render
- free from harm or evil
- hand over to the authorities of another country; "They extradited the fugitive to his native country so he could be tried there"
Synonyms: extradite deport
- pass down; "render a verdict"; "deliver a judgment"
Synonyms: render return
- utter (an exclamation, noise, etc.); "The students delivered a cry of joy"
- save from sins
Synonyms: redeem save
- carry out or perform; "deliver an attack", "deliver a blow"; "The boxer drove home a solid left"
Synonyms: drive home
- relinquish possession or control over; "The squatters had to surrender the building after the police moved in"
Synonyms: surrender cede give up
- throw or hurl from the mound to the batter, as in baseball; "The pitcher delivered the ball"
- cause_to_be_born; "My wife had twins yesterday!"
Synonyms: give birth bear birth have