Definition of 'delivery'
- the act of delivering or distributing something (as goods or mail); "his reluctant delivery of bad news"
- the event of giving birth; "she had a difficult delivery"
- your characteristic style or manner of expressing yourself orally; "his manner of speaking was quite abrupt"; "her speech was barren of southernisms"; "I detected a slight accent in his speech"
Synonyms: manner of speaking speech
- the voluntary transfer of something (title or possession) from one party to another
Synonyms: livery legal transfer
- (baseball) the act of throwing a baseball by a pitcher to a batter
- recovery or preservation from loss or danger; "work is the deliverance of mankind"; "a surgeon's job is the saving of lives"
Synonyms: rescue deliverance saving
- the act of delivering a child
Synonyms: obstetrical delivery