Definition of 'depart'
- move away from a place into another direction; "Go away before I start to cry"; "The train departs at noon"
Synonyms: go go away
Antonyms: come come up
- be at variance with; be out of line with
Synonyms: deviate vary diverge
- leave; "The family took off for Florida"
Synonyms: part start start out set forth set off set out take off
- go away or leave
Synonyms: take leave quit
- remove oneself from an association with or participation in; "She wants to leave"; "The teenager left home"; "She left her position with the Red Cross"; "He left the Senate after two terms"; "after 20 years with the same company, she pulled up stakes"
Synonyms: leave pull up stakes
- wander from a direct or straight course
Synonyms: sidetrack digress straggle