Definition of 'dish'
- a piece of dishware normally used as a container for holding or serving food; "we gave them a set of dishes for a wedding present"
- a particular item of prepared food; "she prepared a special dish for dinner"
- the quantity that a dish will hold; "they served me a dish of rice"
- a very attractive or seductive looking woman
Synonyms: smasher stunner knockout beauty ravisher sweetheart peach lulu looker mantrap
- directional antenna consisting of a parabolic reflector for microwave or radio frequency radiation
Synonyms: dish aerial dish antenna saucer
- an activity that you like or at which you are superior; "chemistry is not my cup of tea"; "his bag now is learning to play golf"; "marriage was scarcely his dish"
Synonyms: cup of tea bag
- provide (usually but not necessarily food); "We serve meals for the homeless"; "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."; "The entertainers served up a lively show"
Synonyms: serve serve up dish out dish up
- make concave; shape like a dish