Definition of 'do'
- an uproarious party
Synonyms: bash brawl
- the syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization
Synonyms: doh ut
- doctor's degree in osteopathy
Synonyms: Doctor of Osteopathy
- engage in; "make love, not war"; "make an effort"; "do research"; "do nothing"; "make revolution"
- carry out or perform an action; "John did the painting, the weeding, and he cleaned out the gutters"; "the skater executed a triple pirouette"; "she did a little dance"
Synonyms: perform execute
- get (something) done; "I did my job"
- proceed or get along; "How is she doing in her new job?"; "How are you making out in graduate school?"; "He's come a long way"
Synonyms: fare make out come get along
- give rise to; cause to happen or occur, not always intentionally; "cause a commotion"; "make a stir"; "cause an accident"
Synonyms: cause make
- carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions; "practice law"
Synonyms: practice practise exercise
- be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity; "A few words would answer"; "This car suits my purpose well"; "Will $100 do?"; "A 'B' grade doesn't suffice to get me into medical school"; "Nothing else will serve"
Synonyms: suffice answer serve
- create or design, often in a certain way; "Do my room in blue"; "I did this piece in wood to express my love for the forest"
Antonyms: unmake undo
- behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself; "You should act like an adult"; "Don't behave like a fool"; "What makes her do this way?"; "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people"
Synonyms: act behave
- spend time in prison or in a labor camp; "He did six years for embezzlement"
- carry on or manage; "We could do with a little more help around here"
- arrange attractively; "dress my hair for the wedding"
Synonyms: dress arrange set coif coiffe coiffure
- travel or traverse (a distance); "This car does 150 miles per hour"; "We did 6 miles on our hike every day"